school celebration

4.12.2009

in honor of the semester ending and one of their other volunteer teachers returning home to canada, my old school decided to have a farewell ceremony. that morning i got a call that it included me as well. surprise! it was adorable. they gave speeches (so did i, in fact. here's how i was informed: "and now, teacher jenn will give an encouraging speech!"), gave me little presents, prepared entertainment, and had delicious food. it was a ton of fun, and i was super glad i had brought my camera.

this is two of my favorite students doing a funny traditional dance in our classroom. i've seen it performed on several different occasions, though this was the first performance i'd seen involving drag. note aye aye in the back laughing. it was hilarious.

dance, teacher jenn, dance! this is a picture of me being forced to dance. several of the girl students wove that scarf for me.

two minutes after this was taken the boy students, as a warm-up to water festival, decided to drench all the girls with water. i was soaked for pretty much the rest of the day.

and of course, there was food. this is a potato curry with some roti, and the requisite sugary drink of choice for the day, orange soda.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

hey Jenn,
I had no idea you have a blog. I stumble upon it while searching for Katherine's. I am glad you have one. What a wonderful idea to have blog as a way to share your experiences!

How are you? How are thing going? Look like you are having a lot of fun and are happy. I hope all is well with you. Take care, Loc

no one belongs here more than you

"what a terrible mistake to let go of something wonderful for something real."

(miranda july)

dream a little dream

"a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

(oscar wilde)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP